During the Spring/Summer term, only one CenterSpace will be taking place:
- Transgender, Genderqueer, Non-Binary, Agender CenterSpace on Thursdays from 5:00-6:00 PM in the Spectrum Center.
CenterSpace provides a weekly drop-in space for different communities within queer life at the University of Michigan. CenterSpace creates space for people of similar identities to gain support from one another while building a community of collective resources. There will be a CenterSpace host each evening who identifies within the community being centered. The host will greet participants, guide the conversation, answer any questions, and gather/share resources. CenterSpaces are offered on North and Central Campus.
North Campus CenterSpaces run from 7:00 - 8:00 PM in the Executive Room at Pierpont Commons. Currently the North Campus CenterSpaces being offered are:
- Mondays: questioning gender and/or sexuality
- Wednesdays: LGBTQ+ men and similarly identified or questioning
- Thursdays: asexual, aromantic and similarly identified or questioning
Central Campus CenterSpaces run from 5:00 - 6:00 PM in the Spectrum Center. Currently the Central Campus CenterSpaces being offered are:
- Mondays: polyamorous/non-mongamous and similarly identified or questioning
- Tuesdays: bi, pan, fluid and similarly identified or questioning
- Wednesdays: women loving women and similarly identified or questioning
- Thursdays: trans, agender, genderqueer, non-binary and similarly identified or questioning
Interested in hosting a CenterSpace for your community? Email us and we can partner to create space for LGBT and similarly identified students in your community to connect with one another.