What is CenterSpace?
CenterSpace provides a monthly drop-in space for different communities within queer life at the University of Michigan. CenterSpace creates space for people of similar identities to gain support from one another while building a community of collective resources. There will be a CenterSpace host each evening who identifies within the community being centered. The host will greet participants, guide the conversation, answer any questions, and gather/share resources.
Our CenterSpaces include:
- bi, pan, fluid and similarly identified or questioning
- ace/aromantic and similarly identified or questioning
- trans, agender, genderqueer, non-binary and similarly identified or questioning
- queer and trans people of color (QTPOC) and similarly identified
CenterSpace Schedule for Winter 2019
Due to the Michigan Union's renovation and Spectrum Center's recent move to the Trotter Multicultural Center, CenterSpace will be take place in the Trotter Recreation Room / Basement (1443 Washtenaw Ave).
- Bi, Pan, Fluid CenterSpace: Thursday, January 31 from 4-5pm
- Trans, Genderqueer, Nonbinary & Agender CenterSpace: Locations and times vary by week. If you're interested in this CenterSpace, contact the host, Phy Tran, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ace and Aromantic CenterSpace: Thursday, February 28 from 4-5pm
- Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC) CenterSpace: Thursday, March 28 from 4-5pm
*Please note that CenterSpace groups will initially meet once per month in the fall semester. CenterSpace may meet more often in the semester depending on the host's availability and the group needs.
Interested in serving as a CenterSpace host for one of our groups? Apply below using our volunteer interest form.
Want to learn more about CenterSpace? Contact our Assistant Director for Learning and Development at email@example.com or call the office at 734-763-4186.