What is CenterSpace?
CenterSpace provides a monthly drop-in space for different communities within queer life at the University of Michigan. CenterSpace creates space for people of similar identities to gain support from one another while building a community of collective resources. There will be a CenterSpace host each evening who identifies within the community being centered. The host will greet participants, guide the conversation, answer any questions, and gather/share resources.
Our CenterSpaces include:
- bi, pan, fluid and similarly identified or questioning
- ace/aromantic and similarly identified or questioning
- trans, agender, genderqueer, non-binary and similarly identified or questioning
- queer and trans people of color (QTPOC) and similarly identified
CenterSpace Schedule for Fall 2018
Due to the Michigan Union's renovation and Spectrum Center's recent move to the Trotter Multicultural Center, CenterSpace will be take place in the 259 Conference Room located in the Program on Intergroup Relations (1214 S. University Ave, Second Floor Suite B).
- Bi, Pan, Fluid CenterSpace: Mondays from 5-6pm on September 17, October 22 and November 12
- Trans, Genderqueer, Nonbinary & Agender CenterSpace: Mondays from 8-9pm in East Quad. Locations vary by week. If you're interested in this CenterSpace, contact the host, Phy Tran, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC) CenterSpace: Tuesdays from 5-6pm on September 18, October 23 and November 13
- Ace and Aromantic CenterSpace: Wednesdays from 5-6pm on September 19, October 24 and November 14
*Please note that CenterSpace groups will initially meet once per month in the fall semester. CenterSpace may meet more often in the semester depending on the host's availability and the group needs.
Interested in serving as a CenterSpace host for one of our groups? Apply below using our volunteer interest form.
Want to learn more about CenterSpace? Contact our Assistant Director for Learning and Development at email@example.com or call the office at 734-763-4186.