We are very pleased to announce the formation of a new University of Michigan LGBTQ Alumni Group as part of the University of Michigan Alumni Association. Many of you may remember that a former group did exist, but it became inactive. A group has come together to form a new organizing committee and begin the process of reestablishing this group. The primary purposes of the group include:
1. To keep LGBTQ alumni informed of the concerns, needs, goals, interests and progress of the University of Michigan, especially as related to issues around gender and sexual orientation.
2. To provide a forum for the exchange of information, ideas, and resources in an effort to improve engagement and service among University of Michigan LGBTQ alumni, students, faculty and staff.
3. To establish a formal mechanism for extending community and camaraderie among LGBTQ alumni, students, faculty, staff and allies.
4. To further the recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff at the University of Michigan, by insuring that people of all gender identities and sexual orientations will be part of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
5. To provide scholarship support, service opportunities, and programming for current students and future alumni.
If you are interested in staying connected with U-M LGBTQ Alumni, sign-up below. To ensure that we’re connecting as many LGBTQ alumni as possible, please consider forwarding this message to other alumni, friends or supporters, asking them to sign up too. This is an exciting time for U-M LGBTQ alumni as we build our foundation and create a space for our community to advance our opportunities.
If you have any questions about the organization, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.