Lavender Graduation, presented by the Spectrum Center
Date: Thursday, April 28
Time: 5:00–7:00 p.m. (EST)
Location: The League Courtyard
Format: In-person, with virtual access for guests.
The annual Lavender Graduation—known affectionately as LavGrad—is a celebration to honor LGBTQ+ graduates of the University of Michigan. Established by Ronni Sanlo in 1995, the inaugural LavGrad at the University of Michigan was the first commemorative event of its kind held at an institution of higher learning. This commencement ceremony celebrates the contributions of any graduate from any program at the university and of any academic level.
Award Categories & Nominations
During the Lavender Graduation ceremony, the Spectrum Center recognizes the accomplishments of the graduating class by awarding several individuals and groups who have impacted the LGBTQ community. The awards categories are:
- Cornerstone Award
- Excellence in Student Leadership
- Intersectional Advocacy Award
- Inspirational Influence Award
- Outstanding Volunteer of the Year
Nominations for student awards are now closed.
- The registration is for graduates only
- Guest RSVP for live stream is forthcoming
- Deadline to apply to participate as a graduate: Sunday, April 10 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- For students who graduate(d) August 2021 (who didn’t choose to be included in 2021), December 2021, April 2022, and August 2022
- Registration form: https://umich.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgKbUbXPUOH1Re6
- Keynote speaker is TBA