Each year more than 100 students choose to spend some time volunteering with the Spectrum Center in a variety of ways.
- Be a GPS mentor
- GPS (Guidance - Perspective - Support) is a tool for LGBTQ and similarly-identified students to utilize as they are navigating their understanding of their identities. The GPS Program provides students with Guidance to ward helpful information and resources, Perspective of a fellow student who has experience with coming out, and Support around their identity development.
- Participate in My Voice
- The primary goal of the My Voice Program is to provide panels of trained LGBTQA+ speakers to share their personal stories with audiences. Our My Voice panels, the oldest and most popular of our educational programs, provide information about LGBTQ+ issues with a personal touch. These panelists help “put a face” on LGBTQ+ communities and experiences and facilitate vibrant discussions about topics of attractionality, sexuality and gender.
- Be a part of the Programming Board
- Spectrum Center Programming Board is a volunteer leadership opportunity, with graduate and undergraduate students selected through application and interview. The Programming Board will plan their own LGBTQ events and support for all signature events including LGBTQ Welcome Festival, Trans Awareness Week, LGBTQIA+ Health and Wellness Week, and Lavender Graduation, among others.
- Be on the Advocacy Board
- The Spectrum Center Advocacy Board serves as a space for students to address campus policies related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. Consisting of students who represent a wide range of academic levels, disciplines and social identities, the Board will examine the institutional climate for students and explore ways to enhance students' experience. In its capacity , the board will serve as an important resource to voice student concerns and ideas and to help guide the work of the Spectrum Center.
- Support Unified Testing in the Center
Volunteers are a huge part of our team, and we'd love to have you work with us!
To sign up to be a Spectrum Center volunteer for the 2017-2018 school year share your information with us and we will connect with you soon!
If you have questions email email@example.com