Each year more than 100 students choose to spend some time volunteering with the Spectrum Center in a variety of ways.
- Be a GPS mentor
- GPS (Guidance - Perspective - Support) is a tool for LGBTQ and similarly-identified students to utilize as they are navigating their understanding of their identities. GPS mentors help provide mentees guidance with helpful information and resources, useful perspective of their own experience and support around identity development.
- Participate in My Voice
- The primary goal of the My Voice Program is to provide panels of trained LGBTQA+ speakers to share their personal stories with audiences. Our My Voice panels, the oldest and most popular of our educational programs, provide information about LGBTQ+ issues with a personal touch. These panelists help “put a face” on LGBTQ+ communities and experiences and facilitate vibrant discussions about topics of attractionality, sexuality and gender
- Serve as a CenterSpace host
- CenterSpace provides a monthly drop-in space for different communities within queer life at the University of Michigan. CenterSpace hosts help to create space for people of similar identities to gain support from one another while building a community of collective resources.
- Be a part of the Programming Board
- Spectrum Center Programming Board is a volunteer leadership opportunity, with graduate and undergraduate students selected through application and interview. The Programming Board will plan their own LGBTQ events and support for all signature events including LGBTQ Welcome Festival, Trans Awareness Week, LGBTQIA+ Health and Wellness Week, and Lavender Graduation, among others.
- Support Unified Testing in the Center
- The Spectrum Center partners with Unified to provide Rapid HIV Testing on Mondays (during the Fall & Winter semesters) from 6-8pm.
Volunteers are a huge part of our team, and we'd love to have you work with us!
To sign up to be a Spectrum Center volunteer for the 2018-2019 school year share your information with us and we will connect with you soon!
If you have questions email email@example.com