Interested in expanding your knowledge of LGBTQ+ identities and topics? Want to find ways to improve your allyhood? Our Education & Training team works with students, faculty, and community members, who may or may not identify in LGBTQ+ community, to discuss best practices when creating and maintaining spaces open to LGBTQ+ identified individuals.
We currently offer three workshops:
- Introduction to LGBTQIA2S+ Communities and Identities webcourse debrief (1 hour)
- Participants are expected to complete beforehand
- The webcourse can be completed without requesting a workshop and is free to all UM students, staff, and faculty.
- Pronouns 101 (2 hours)
- Towards Solidarity: Allyship in Action (6 hours)
- This workshop may be requested over two three-hour days or one six-hour day
- Participants are expected to complete our webcourse before attending this workshop as well
We additionally offer consultations regarding LGBTQIA2S+ capacity building. You can read the descriptions and learning outcomes of each in the request form, linked below. We will not accommodate requests to shorten the length of our workshops.
If none of these options fit what you're looking for, we encourage you to look at workshops offered by other units:
- Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA) Allyhood and Agency Building workshops
- Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA) Anti-Racist Teach-Ins
- Sexual Assasult Prevention and Awareness Center (SAPAC) student workshops
- Office of Student Conflict and Resolution (OSCR) workshops
Our primary workshop and consultation audience is UM Ann Arbor students, faculty, and staff. We additionally have a limited capacity for external educational institutions, such as other universities and K-12 public schools. We are unable to accommodate requests from businesses and nonprofits.
All of our trainings are free to UM-affiliated units, departments, and groups.
We can provide our listed workshops and trainings for educational institutions, including K-12 schools and other postsecondary institutions. Our Pronouns 101 Workshop is $600, and our Towards Solidarity is $1800. We also ask that facilitators are reimbursed for their mileage if held in-person. We are able to accommodate a sliding scale and lower rates for Minority Serving Institutions like Tribal Colleges and HBCUs.
Ready to request? Fill out the form below!
If the form above is not loading for you:
Request a Workshop or Consultation
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.