Giving Blueday is the University of Michigan’s annual day of giving—where friends, alumni, and colleagues around the world support what they love most about U-M. Giving to the Spectrum Center this Giving Blueday, March 15, sustains and builds on our commitment to new leadership opportunities for U-M students and to provide funding for the programming that matters to them.
The Spectrum Center offers funding to currently enrolled individual students and recognized student organizations at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor campus who are looking to implement projects that seek to improve the experiences of LGBTQ+ communities and campus climate.
Your contribution of $5 or more is an investment in our students' growth and development as leaders within the LGBTQ+ communities. The hope for this initiative is that this assistance will enable the students to develop skills and community resources to transform policies and practices on campus, in the community, and on a national scale that positively impact LGBTQ+ communities.
Previous approved initiatives include:
- LGBT Michigan - Speaker: Katie Hill Enrichment Grant
- Students of Color in Public Policy - The Disappearing Franchise with Vann R. Newkirk II
- Out in Public - LGBT Policy Leadership Institute
- Black History Month Planning Committee - Moonlight Screening
- University of Michigan Museum of Art - World AIDS Day: Alternate Endings, Radical Beginnings
- oSTEM - Autumn Pride
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender - Trans Health
- Activism in Detroit: Moving Forward Together
- Michigan Community Scholars Program - MLK Event Circle of Unity
Students can apply for up to $500.00 in funding per semester for the project of their choice. Your contribution will provide:
- With a $5000 gift you can fully fund all projected grant expenses for an academic year.
- With a $2500 gift you can fully fund all projected grant expenses for one semester.
- With a $500 gift you can fully fund one Student Project Grant.
- With a $250 gift you can fund catering for Student Project Grant event.
- With a gift at any level you can make a real difference in the lives and experiences of Queer and Trans students at U-M!
How to give
On March 15, starting at midnight (Eastern time zone), give to the Spectrum Center through U-M's CommunityFunded platform. You'll be able to see our progress and post or text directly from our Giving Blueday page to your networks! Stay connected to our social platforms for updates–help spread the word by sharing our posts on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.