The Spectrum Center staff is qualified to present on a variety of topics using a diverse array of learning/teaching modalities. We work with each group who requests a workshop to ensure that educational goals are met. Using a social justice framework, coupled with current events and student development models, our educational workshops are designed to help your group gain a better understanding of the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and similarly-identified people.
- This page is to request any educational workshop except for the LGBTQ Ally Training Program and a My Voice panel.
- Requests should be placed two weeks in advance to ensure that we can collaborate to meet your educational needs.
- After you have requested your workshop, a member of the Spectrum Center staff will contact you to discuss your training.
- In most cases, our training sessions are free of charge to the University of Michigan community; in the case of community organizations, you will be contacted by the Spectrum Center to discuss your training needs and any related costs.
- Successful learning interactions require 60- to 90-minute sessions; if your organization's proposed session is shorter than this, we will cover the content that time allows.
- It is the responsibility of the requesting organization to provide the space for training; if you are unable to secure space, please indicate below.
- In most cases, workshops can only be offered to groups of 10 participants or more.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling, a 36-hour notice is appreciated.
- We have to sleep too! So please, no requests for workshops that go past 10pm.
- If you have any questions about our workshop offerings, please contact Tynishia Walker, Education & Leadership Program Manager, Spectrum Center, email@example.com or 734-763-4186.